If you are an Employer then rather than being strict or controlling employees by showing threats that might reduce their efficiency of giving output, some professional skills as mentioned below can be adopted, our experience of taking sessions with many owners of different companies and from their positive feedback of our guidance have made us believe on this which we would highly recommend for smooth communication with employees.
This will indeed help you as an Employer to keep employees for many years and in sustaining employees’ satisfaction.
1. Give clear instructions
Give clear instructions to employees about what they are supposed to do. Many a times, Employer conveys instructions through HR Manager who might fail to send your message clearly to employees. This can be remedied (solve) by certain following steps:
* The owner can make a weekly meeting especially on Monday morning as the alertness of employees will remain higher because of weekend that remains ahead. So they will be fresh and attentive.
* In this meeting, an employer should give clear instruction in easy, short, and in understandable way and get reviews of employees by asking them personally whether they understood or not.
* Another way of dialoguing with employees is sending them message through e-mail, or social apps.
These tactics will sense employees about genuine presence and interest of an Employer and she/he can control corporate politics or negative impression created by other employees by remaining in touch with everybody.
2. Be constructive, not critical
Always be constructive in meeting or in any communication with any employee. If you will become critical in meeting in front of others then employee might feel hurt of his/her self respect. You can sort out problems by calling him/her in your cabin. This will give chance to an employee to speak freely and Employer can present his/her expectations from an employee by showing his/her performance so far.
3. Let people know the ‘bigger picture’
Give them picture that was designed in your mind and in same way rise a part of that picture in them. This will help them to understand expectation of an Employer and will improvise their skills to a next level. This will certainly motivate them to give best.
4. Communicate messages effectively
Always be in the middle while letting employees dealing with clients. Give them specific target of a day or of a week and endeavor (try) to help them to accomplish it. Your involvement with employees and clients' communication and your effective communicative approach for meeting targets will reflect your transparency with both of them, and this will help you to control employees in modest way.
5. Give people freedom to organize at least some work
Give them target that is within their capabilities. Moreover, don't be greedy in it. In completing their targets, give them freedom to do with their own convenient setting, from home or office let them do but not on the sake of company ethics and value.
6. Make expectations clear
Tell employees about their roles and expectations from them. If someone gets target done before the time, then advise him/her to help others with same time giving compliments and rewards sometimes financially or sometimes giving vouchers of dinner or movie tickets or of shopping or extra leave even. This will inspire them to help others. Finally your targets might complete in time and some mediocre employees also learn the skills of employees who have finished well in advance. This will generate confidence and healthy co-ordination between them.
7. Treat employee like family member or friend
Employer always should take care not to hurt any employee by commenting or criticizing or remarking him/her negatively. If employee comes up to low esteem of an Employer then He should suggest him/her some other companies where he/she can learn or develop skills and for that Employer should also talk to other employers on behalf of that employee in front of him/his presence. This will surely ascend the graph of an Employer's positive image in employee's eye. Such role of a Mentor should be performed for employees by Employers.
Improve Communication Skills through the easy ways
1. Start a conversation with someone
2. Plan what you’re going to say
3. Check your listeners’ understanding
4. Set the tone
5. Any questions?
6. Listening is as important as speaking
7. Give people a chance
8. Be prepared to be pro-active
9. Value people’s contributions
Verbal communication skill secrets for success at work and at home
1. On the phone with clients
2. To give orders to your subordinates
3. To deal with your boss
4. To get a raise from boss
5. To explain mistake
6. Encouragement and a verbal kick to the juniors
Building strong work relationships through communication:-
- · By Providing the flexibility to employees to work at their own way
- · Help individual to design strategy to meet their targets
- · Realizing individuals by leading from the front
- · Being open to hearing new young professionals ideas for possible improvements
- · Recognition and rewards at the completion of targets at regular intervals
Top six secrets to mastering communication
Communicating with others is an essential skill in business dealings, family affairs, and romantic relationship
1. Challenge 1. Listening skills at tense situation, the kind of listening recommended here separates acknowledging from approving or agreeing.
2. Challenge 2. Explain your conversational intent and invite consent. Be flexible with partner to reduce possible misunderstanding. The more conversation, the more to clear real picture of purpose, you can take initiations like, “I would like to talk with you for a few minutes about [subject matter]. When would be a good time?”
3. Challenge 3. Get the reports of the markets by asking yourself what you have seen, heard or sensed? At the regular intervals, is it required any changes?
4. Challenge 4. Translate your [and other people’s] complaints and criticisms into specific requests, and explain your requests. Use specific and action oriented positive language rather than by using generalizations.
Explain your request by “so that..”, “it would help me to… if you would…” or “ in order to…”.
Avoid the use of “whys”, “don’ts”, or somebody shouldn’t.”
5. Challenge 5. Get the views of people’ feeling, thinking, wanting, and planning. Usually “yes/no” questions actually tend to shut people up rather than opening them up. So use open ended questions e.g., how did u like that food? Rather than did u like it?
6. Challenge 6. Express more appreciation. Express more appreciation, delight, affirmation, encouragement and gratitude. Healthy relationships need a core of mutual appreciation.